Arkansas Electronic Recording Commission
The commission will work together supporting the Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act. We will consider the views and resources of all interested parties as it pertains to the county recorders, title industry, financial industry, legal community and the private sector. We will work to develop standards and practices that work in harmony with other jurisdictions. Once developed and approved, we will implement and carry forward the most recent standards of the Property Records Industry Association (PRIA). The commission will review and make recommendations for possible policy and statutory changes that would bring statewide continuity to the electronic recording process so that we are promoting the most efficient and secure services to our citizens.
Working together as a commission to continually determine and meet the needs of the recording industry. To provide every recorder within the state of Arkansas the support necessary to streamline the electronic recording process.
Links to State Legislation:
- Act 725 - An Act to form the Electronic Recording Commission and the Automated Records Systems Fund Committee.
- Act 1157 - An Act to review the Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act.
Link to Electronic Recording Agreement
List of members of the e-recording commission:
- Brenda DeShields, Chair — Benton County Circuit Clerk
- Sharon Blount-Baker, Vice Chair — Crawford County Circuit Clerk
- Sharon Brooks — Sebastian County Clerk
- Crystal Taylor — Faulkner County Circuit Clerk
- Candace Edwards — Craighead County Circuit Clerk
- Mary Pankey — Miller County Circuit Clerk
- Misty Russell — Poinsett County Circuit Clerk
- Myka Bono Sample — Saline County Circuit Clerk
- Kyle Sylvester — Washington County Circuit Clerk
- Cheryl Cochran Wilson - Union County Circuit Clerk