Arkansas launches DMV website offering new online services
The web site provides access to nine online driver and motor vehicle services.
LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — The Department of Finance and Administration's (DFA) state revenue offices, also known as DMVs, served more than 2 million in-person customers in 2017, but a new website could help Arkansans skip the trip this year.
Mydmv.arkansas.gov, a partnership between the DFA and Information Network of Arkansas, is a new website that provides access to nine online driver and motor vehicle services.
Gov. Asa Hutchinson urges locals considering a trip to the DMV to check the website first to see if they could eliminate their drive altogether or reduce their wait if they do have to go.
According to the DFA, the list of online services includes:
- Check Title Status Online – This service will help taxpayers to check the status of their application for title.
- Transfer Ownership – This service will help taxpayers to notify the Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) if they have sold their vehicle to another individual or to a dealer.
- Print Duplicate Registration – This service will help taxpayers to print a duplicate registration online.
- Estimated Sales Tax Calculator – This service will allow taxpayers to calculate how much state tax they will owe for a vehicle before registration.
- Online Pre-Registration – This service will allow taxpayers to input specific Motor Vehicle details and receive a confirmation code for submission. The taxpayer should present the confirmation code and necessary documents to their local State Revenue Office clerk to complete the transaction with minimal data input.
- Pre-Registration for First Time License or ID card – This will allow those obtaining a first-time license or ID card the opportunity to pre-register online, reducing time spent in the Revenue Office.
- Enter Medical Information – This will allow Commercial Drivers the opportunity to enter required medical information online.
- Change of Address Notification – Arkansans may now update any change of address online. State law requires notification within 10 days of a change of address.
- Request Records – Requests for records including a driver’s license status/clearance letter and a license reinstatement requirements letter may now be performed online.
Citizens can also visit mydmv.arkansas.gov to renew car tags, assess personal property, pay property taxes, order personalized license plates and download the voter registration form.
According to the DFA, Arkansas truck drivers can also find links to download the written CDL exam and take the online course to become a Certified Trucker Against Trafficking.