Labor law posters are required
Camille Neemann, AAC RMF Litigation Counsel
Labor law posters are the mandated state and federal employment law notices that employers are required to conspicuously post in an area that is easily visible by employees and in some cases applicants. Employers are required to have posters placed in each facility location, e.g. the courthouse, road department shop, and sheriff’s department and detention facility. Failure to display the correct state and federal employment law notices may result in penalties, fines, and lawsuits. There are a number of employment compliance services available on the web that will send you mandatory posters for a fee. However, it is important to note that all the required posters are available at no charge direct from the agency requiring them.
The following is a list of required state and federal employment and labor posters for local government employers:
- Arkansas Minimum Wage, Overtime, Child Labor, and Wage Collection Notice, poster available at: https://www.labor.arkansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/POSTER-FINAL-2019.pdf
- Federal Minimum Wage and Overtime Laws, poster available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/wh1385State.pdf
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), poster available at: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
- Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, poster available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, poster available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/posters/FFCRA_Poster_WH1422_Non-Federal.pdf
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, poster available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act, poster available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
- Arkansas Whistle Blower Act, poster available at: https://archeology.uark.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Whistleblower-Act-Poster.pdf
- How to Claim Unemployment Insurance Notice, poster available at: https://www.dws.arkansas.gov/src/files/DWS-ARK-237-How-to-Claim-UI-LPS.pdf
- Public Employees’ Chemical Right to Know Act, poster available at: https://www.labor.arkansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Chemical_Right_poster2019.pdf
- Workers’ Compensation Notice and Instructions to Employers and Employees Form P, poster available at: https://www.arcounties.org/site/assets/files/3406/form_ar-p.pdf
Counties that receive federal grants, contracts, or subcontracts may be required to post additional federal notices. The U.S. Department of Labor has an elaws Poster Advisor and a compliance assistance webpage to help determine additional posters that may be required, available at https://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/posters.htm?_ga=2.17321530.2024564382.1602517607-1251539364.1583177959.
Keep in mind that occasional updates are made to the employment posters, so employers are advised to review labor postings to ensure compliance. This article does not take the place of legal advice and is intended to convey general information only, please reach out to discuss any specific questions.